One in five adults in Wales could be unaware they have liver disease, a charity is warning.
British Liver Trust have launched a roadshow to allow people to assess their risk of getting the disease. In most cases, there are no symptoms of in the early stages.
This week, the ‘Love Your Liver’ roadshow will visit a number of spots in Wales to offer free liver scans that detect the disease.
The charity estimates 807 people died from liver disease in 2015 alone, representing an 20% increase over the past five years.
The roadshow will visit these locations:
- Bangor Town Clock, Monday 19th November
- Wrexham, Queen’s Square, Tuesday 20th November
- Cardiff, Churchill Way, Wednesday 21st November
- Bridgend, Dunraven Place, Thursday 22nd November
- Swansea, Plymouth Street, Friday 23rd November