An owl has been rescued from a wood burner chimney by RSPCA Cymru.
The tawny owl was trapped in the burner at Pontrobert on Thursday 9.
The bird has since been released back into the wild.
RSPCA Deputy Chief Inspector Phil Lewis went to the property after receiving a call about the trapped animal.
When he arrived, Mr. Lewis said he could see the owl but could not reach it so had to return with a builder who could dismantle the burner.
Sometimes birds and bats can fit through small openings at the top of chimneys so the RSPCA advises fitting a wire mesh guard or cowl to the top of the chimney to prevent birds from becoming trapped.
For your own safety, the RSPCA does not recommend handling birds of prey. Instead you should call the RSPCA’s 24 hour emergency line on 0300 1234 999 if you find a wild animal that needs help.